Ingredients: spices, cauliflower, tomato, onion, milk of any type
1. put 1-2 cups of cauliflower and a few tbsp of onion & tomato in food processor
2. put in sauce pan on high heat with 3-6 tbsp of milk (I used almond milk) & spices until soft and rice-like
3. pair with any food of your liking :)
Note to self: get my food processor back from it’s long 2 year hiatus at Ashley’s
Well this looks delicious.
Carrot Cake Pancakes
- 1 carrot, cut + partially steamed (or just raw if you’re in a rush!)
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 3 oz plain greek yogurt (1/2 small chobani container)
- 1 cup oats
- 1 tbsp wheat germ
- 1 tbsp flax
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Spices to your liking (I used mostly cinnamon with some allspice, nutmeg, and ginger)
- 2 tsp stevia
Use a blender to mix everything together until it’s a smooth, even texture. Add water if its too thick (I used around 1/4 cup water) and blend it in. Then, pour out and cook on a non-stick pan or griddle with some olive oil.
Makes 10 (delicious) pancakes! Each one has 62 calories, 1 g fat, 3.5 g protein, and only 2 g of sugar.
There are good eaten plain, with some greek yogurt, sliced banana, maple syrup, walnuts, etc. Feel free to experiment :)
Personally, I would eat a few of these for breakfast along with scrambled eggs or oatmeal and some fruit!
May Issue of Cosmopolitan: 9 Foods That Melt Away Flab!
Vitamin B12in the yolk helps your body torch fat. Plus, they are super filling and starve off binges.
2. Peanut Butter
Creamy or chunky, it’s a source of magnesium, which powers cells to metabolize energy. efficiently.
It’s high in craving-quelling “good” fat and rich in L-carnitine, an amino acid that fires up your body’s engine.
4. Sirloin Burger
Made with 90% lean beaf, it’s like pure protein, which takes more energy to digest than fat or carbs.
Conjugated linoleic acid in dairy helps your body burn fat. Go with a tangy, creamy kind that satisfies your palate.
A medium pickle is only 7 calories - you’ll burn more energy digesting this salty, crunchy veggie.
7. Green Tea
It’s teeming with catechins, antioxidants that studies show destroy body fat. Plus, caffeine gives your system a metabolic jump.
Regular and low-fat kinds have probiotics, bacteria that may reduce the amount of fat that your body absorbs.
Because your body works hard digesting this protein-packed whole grain, you burn off extra calories.
Click this for more fitspo/weight-loss inspiration and healthy food :)
7 Healthy Foods That Will Fill You Up
- Bananas - If you reach out for a banana when you feel hungry instead of an empty calorie snack, you’ll nourish your body and you’ll be ingesting way less fat and sugar than many snacks.
- Eggs - As long as you’re not eating 12 of them in one week, eggs are good for you.
- Almonds - Just one handful of almonds will keep you full for a long time because they are great at suppressing appetite.
- Avocados - It contains good fats (monounsaturated fatty acids) and it contains protein that will fill you up nicely
- Peanut Butter - You can easily find peanut butter that contains only 100% roasted peanuts (you can buy the organic and non-organic kinds). There are no hydrogenated oils, sugar or salt added to the peanut butter. This is a healthy option.
- Oatmeal - Is a great super food because it’s low in sugar, high in fiber and it’s so quick to prepare.
- Apples - Packing an apple for your daily snack will not only add one fruit/vegetable portion to your daily recommended intake and the fiber will fill up your stomach
Click hereand follow for more beautiful pictures of healthy food everyday.